According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA),
most accidents in the work setting involve
slips, trips, and falls. They result in 15% of all accidental deaths, which is second only to
auto accidents, and make up almost 20% of all job-related injuries.
Slippery floors are a contributing factor in most slip and fall incidents.
Spills and debris can be dangerous on any walking surface. The most common
slip and fall injuries include bruises, hip fractures, and head injuries.
However, slip and fall accidents can cause other complications, such as
broken bones, incapacitation, spinal cord injuries, and even death.
The following are slip and fall accident statistics provided by the Center
for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS):
- One in six of all lost-time work injuries are derived from slips, trips, and falls
- An estimated 20% to 30% of people who experience a slip and fall will suffer
moderate to severe injuries
- Slip and fall accidents are the most common cause of traumatic brain injuries
(TBI), which account for 46% of fatal falls amongst elder Americans
- Approximately 19,565 people die in the United States every year due to
injuries caused by unintentional falls
- Slip and fall injuries result in an average of 11 days away from the job
How Can Our Atlanta Slip and Fall Attorney Help You?
Whether you were injured at work, on someone else’s property, or
in a public space, our legal team at
The Weinstein Firm understands how to adequately recover your entitled compensation. We can
discuss every legal option available, make sure your paperwork is completed
in a timely manner, and guide you through the complexities of the laws
and court proceedings.
Other slip and fall related blog posts include:
Contact our firm and request a
free consultation today.