wrongful death, and
medical malpractice cases, our Atlanta personal injury attorney at
The Weinstein Firm, LLC has represented many clients involved in
slip and fall accidents. Each year, millions of elder adults fall and suffer
catastrophic injuries. Falls are the most common cause of injuries for those 65 years of age
or older, with 80% of them occurring in the bathroom.
Furthermore, minors are also at risk of slip and falls. Approximately 235,000
people ages 15 years old or more visit emergency rooms due to bathroom
fall incidents. Out of that number, around 14% end up hospitalized.
In order to prevent bathroom falls, the following are a few tips to protect
yourself from potential hazards:
- Install grab bars near the toilet – as well as inside showers or
bathtubs – to make it easier to sit and stand.
- Use nightlights to betters see when it is dark.
- Maintain clean showers and tubs to prevent soapy buildup.
- Use non-slip mats or adhesive strips insides, as well as outside, the shower
- Use liquid soap to avoid bending over.
- Install the bathroom door to make it swing outward.
- Check your vision on a regular basis since vision issues can cause disorientation.
- Exercise on a regular basis to maintain good health and perverse balance.
Slip and fall accidents often result in broken bones, bruising, sprains,
and other injuries which require ample time for recovery. By applying
these safety tips, bathroom falls can be avoided. It doesn’t matter
how old you are, slip and fall accidents can be quite dangerous, which
is why you must always be cautious.
If you have suffered a serious injury after being involved in a slip and
fall accident caused by a negligent party,
request a free consultation with
The Weinstein Firm, LLC today.